THIS LEASE AGREEMENT made the. .day of. ., 20. ., by and between PATS STORAGE (hereinafter called LESSOR)and
. .(hereinafter called LESSEE)
1. LEASE OF STORAGE SPACE- Lessor does hereby lease to Lessee Space no.. .approximately
. X .feet of warehouse space and/or. .linear feet of outdoor storage, located
at BORDERS SELF-STORAGE, 17103 Highway 23, Louisa, KY (hereinafter referred to as premises),commencing.day of. .' 20. . The Lessor acknowledges the sum of $. .as the portion due
before the beginning of one full month lease of warehouse space/outside storage.
2. RENTAL PAYMENT- Lessee shall pay as rental for the leased storage space $. . per month, payable without notice or demand on /or in advance of the 1st day of each month, commencing the 1st day of. .. Lessee agrees to furnish their own lock and their own key for leased warehouse premises. THERE WILL BE A $10.00 LATE CHARGE ADDED TO RENT FOR ANY MONTH FOR WHICH THE RENT PAYMENT IS NOT RECEIVED IN THE LANDLORD’S OFFICE BY THE 5th DAY OF THE MONTH. THERE WILL BE A $25.00 FEE ON ALL RETURNED CHECKS. Lessor reserves the right to increase the rate of rent specified herein and the charges set out herein by giving thirty (30) days written notice to Lessee at the address which he/she has set out below. IT IS ALSO AGREED THAT LESSEE SHALL INFORM LESSOR (IN WRITING) OF ANY CHANGES OF ADDRESS.
3. RENEWAL- This lease agreement is for a month to month lease. It may be terminated by Lessee giving Lessor written notice of Lessee’s intention to terminate AT LEAST 10 DAYS PRIOR TO MOVING OUT, and by LESSEE REMOVING ALL POSSESSIONS from the unit, on or before the last day of the month. The landlord may terminate the agreement by giving Lessee written notice thereof at least thirty (30) days in advance. If Lessee should fail and refuse to vacate the premises after giving notice thereof or after receiving notice of termination from Lessor, Lessee is liable for a rental fee of $5.00 per day for each day Lessee occupies the premises after the termination date.
4. USE OF PREMISES- LESSOR IS NOT A BAILOR OR WAREHOUSEMAN IN THE BUSINESS OF STORING GOODS FOR HIRE BUT RATHER THE LANDLORD RENTING SPACE FOR LESSEE’S SELF-SERVICE USE. LESSOR THEREFORE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST OR DAMAGE TO THE PROPERTY IN LESSEE’S STORAGE SPACE AND LESSOR DOES NOT PROVIDE INSURANCE COVERAGE FOR ANY OF SUCH PROPERTY. CORRO-SIVE CONTAMINANTS, POLLUTANTS, AND / OR ANYTHING CONSIDERED HAZARDOUS WASTE ARE PROHIBITED FROM BEING STORED WITHIN THE PREMISES. The Lessor shall not permit any merchandise or other personal property deemed extra hazardous such as property which is flammable, combustive, explosive or dangerous. Lessee shall not keep anything within the premises, or use the premises for any purpose which increases insurance costs, or Invalidates any insurance policy carried on the premises. Food products shall not be stored without prior written approval of Lessor. ALL PROPERTY KEPT. STORED. OR MAINTAINED WITHIN THE PREMISES BY THE LESSEE SHALL BEAT THE LESSEE’S SOLE RISK.
5. COMPLIANCE WITH THE LAW – Lessee shall not store in the premises any items which shall be in violation of any order or requirement composed by the Board of Health, by the Sanitary, Sheriff or Police Department, or any other government agency, or for an act or cause to be done any act which creates a nuisance in or upon, or connected with said premises because of Lessee use during said term.
6. LIABILITY-LESSEE STORE GOODS AT THEIR OWN RISK – No bailment is created expressly or implied hereby and Lessor assumes no responsibility for any loss or damage to the contents stored in the space described herein. Lessee assumes all risk of damage or loss of merchandise or goods located in or about the leased premises from any cause whatsoever or otherwise. INSURANCE ON CONTENTS IN EACH UNIT IS LESSEE’S RESPONSIBILITY. Lessee is responsible for securing and paving for any insurance coverage on the property that he desires and further agrees to accept the responsibility of placing wood strips under cardboard boxes, furniture and other items that could be damaged by dampness. Lessor shall not be liable to Lessee or to Lessee’s employees, patrons, visitors or license for any damage to persons or property caused by the negligent act of or omission of any other tenant of the building or buildings of which the unit is a part or due to the unit being or becoming out of repair nor for any damage from the want of repair of any part of the building of which the unit is apart. Lessee accepts the unit as suitable for the purpose for which leased and accepts the unit thereof, and agrees to hold the Lessor harmless for all claims for any such damage.
7. DEFAULT – In case of default in any of the payments above provided for or any other covenants herein by Lessee, Lessor may enforce the performance of this lease in any manner permitted by or provided by the laws of the Commonwealth of Kentucky. In the event of any such default, this lease may be immediately terminated at Lessorâs sole option and discretion without notice and if, in such an event, this lease shall immediately cease and come to an end. THE LESSOR CLAIMS A LIEN ON ALL PERSONAL PROPERTY STORED WITHIN THE LEASED SPACE FOR RENT. LABOR,AND OTHER CHARGES,AND FOR EXPENSES REASONABLY INCURRED IN ITS SALE, AS PROVIDED IN KRS CHAPTER 359.200TO 359.250. THIS LIEN GIVES LESSOR THE RIGHT TO SELLPROPERTY STORED IN THE SPACE TO SATISFY THE LIEN IF LESSEE/OCCUPANT IS IN DEFAULT.
THE LESSEE IS ADVISED THAT THE LESSOR EXPECTS TO ENFORCE THAT LIEN IF LESSEE SHOULD BE IN DEFAULT OF TIMELY MONTHLY PAYMENTS!
8. DAMAGED PREMISES – Lessee, in case of fire or any other type of casualty resulting in damage to the unit, shall give immediate notice to Lessor of such occurrence. Lessor shall have the option of repairing the damage to the self-storage unit or terminating this lease. Lessor will give the Lessee written notice of its decision to repair or terminate within 1 week of receipt of notice from Lessee of a casualty. If Lessor elects to repair the unit, it shall do so as quickly as practical. If in Lessor’s sole opinion, the premises are untenantable as a result of the casualty then Lessee shall have the obligation to pay no rent during the period of repair to the unit except that Lessee shall be liable for damages caused by negligent act or omission of Lessee and in such event there also shall be no abatement of the obligation to pay rent.
9. IMPROVEMENTS – Lessee agrees to accept possession of the premises in their present condition, and agrees that no improvements or alterations shall be made by Lessee in or to the premises without the consent of Lessor.
10. MAINTENANCE – From time to time Lessor may have to enter units for maintenance purposes. In the event that Lessee cannot be contacted by phone and Lessee does not open unit the Lessor shall have the right to cut lock and enter unit for repairs.
11. BANKRUPTCY – In the event Lessee shall become bankrupt or shall make a voluntary assignment for the benefit of creditors or in the event a receiver of Lessee shall be appointed, then at the option of the Lessor, this lease shall immediately cease.
12. CLEANING PREMISES âUPON VACATING THE PREMISES; LESSEE AGREES TO CLEAN THE PREMISES THOROUGHLY OR TO PAY LESSOR FOR THE CLEANING NECESSARY TO RESTORE THE PREMISES T0 THE CONDITION WHEN LESSEE’S POSSESSION COMMENCED.
13. RULES & REGULATIONS – Lessee understands that Lessor may promulgate rules and regulation which in the Lessor’s judgment, may be necessary for the orderly, quiet and dignified operation of the storage area, or for the general welfare of the Lessor’s tenants as a whole. When such rules and regulations are promulgated, written notice will be given to Lessee and Lessee shall become bound to comply with the rules and regulations within 3 days after a copy of the rules and regulations are mailed at the address shown in this lease.
“IN WITNESS WHERE OF, the parties of this Lease Agreement have read the above provisions and fully understand their rights and obligations and hereby execute this Lease Agreement in duplicate with Lessee acknowledging receipt of a copy of the completed Lease Agreement.”
. . . .
57 WATERMELON RD
17103 HWY 23 (mailing address)
Louisa, KY 41230
(606) 638-7878 PHONE:
IT IS UNDERSTOOD THAT THIS IS LESSEE’S ADDRESS FOR RECEIPT OF LEGAL NOTICES; LESSEE MUST GIVE WRITTEN NOTICE TO LESSOR OF ANY CHANGE OF ADDRESS OR PHONE NUMBER.
NO BILLING WILL BE SENT!
Your payment is due by the 1st day of the month.
MAIL ALL PAYMENTS TO: BORDERS SELF-STORAGE, 17103 HWY 23, LOUISA, KY 41230
outside space. $1.00 fer foot
outside space. $1.00 fer foot